Preventative At Home Care for Improved Health
In this series we will look at a variety of at home modalities you can use to provide relief from musculoskeletal related pain to improve your quality of life. The modalities we will be discussing that you can do at home include:
- Self Trigger Point Therapy
- Self Myofascial Release
- Using various tools for myofascial release (scraping- which is similar to Grastoning, and cupping sets)
- Foam rolling
- Kinesio Taping
- Stretches (variations from simple to advanced)
- Exercises (body weight exercises and band exercises)
- Self Trigger Point Therapy: What Are Trigger Points
- Self Trigger Point Therapy: How to Release Trigger Points
Trigger Point Tools
Tools to Use for Scraping
Corinne D. Bracko-Douglas, CMT, LMT, CKTP is the owner of Dochas Clinical Massage Therapy based out of Columbia, MO. She received her diploma in Clinical Massage Therapy from The Soma Institute in Chicago, IL in 2004. She enjoys teaching others about how to live a healthy lifestyle and still works one on one with clients out of her private clinic. When not working as a therapist she can be found enjoying trail hikes with her wonderful husband, Lee, and their adorable doggos, Shadow and Koda, or trying out fun new workouts to expand her knowledge of the human body and how it functions.
The advice given in these articles is not meant to diagnose. Please always consult with a health care provider before performing any of the techniques described upon yourself.